The Refuge

A refuge from the desolation
It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: They are doing it wrong.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:22 pm 

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com ... %3DApi&f=1

I mean, sure, stock the room with Asian girls in school uniforms and glasses, but look at the opportunity you are missing. In my school those things will be labeled like a NASCAR car, Clorox, Kelenex, anything, just look up and see Eat Fresh right in front of you. Bam, new revenue stream.

Here they are just doing it wrong.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... Q&usqp=CAU

Everyone knows Monks can't equip shields.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:47 am 
Site Admin

I enlarged the first picture to see if there were any tentacles...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:56 pm 

You should know by now in all my stores the school girls are the one raping the tentacle monsters.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:54 pm 

Here they are just doing it wrong.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... Q&usqp=CAU

Everyone knows Monks can't equip shields.[/quote]

They've learned to multi-class! :o

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:17 am 

Our school is going to 12 kids in a room, not requiring the students to wear masks because of social distancing, I figure one the Faberge shampoos effect hits, and then infect two friends, and so on and so on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brC_jK6stBs

We will probably be shut down again by November unless you listen to the janitors, they insist that day after the election, you will never hear of the virus again. Of course since half of them live across the border in PA, we probably won't hear from them for two weeks until our job locks them out for being in a hot zone.

Seems an odd choice to have a blanket policy as some of the rooms are as small as 24 x 24 feet, while a lot of them will fit a dozen cars. We literly have a classroom with a fire truck inside of it, sure, it's just a pumper and not a hook and ladder, but it's still impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

I have a feeling the janitors are correct.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:03 am 

Yeah, I guess if they weren't on the ball, they wouldn't be janitors in a vocational High School.

As a magnet tech school, we have the option of limiting how many students we take in, so class size is going to be capped at between 8 and 12 students depending on the classrooms physical size and program. Our nursing program is already in trouble as with the new virus restrictions, they can no longer take the kids out to Nursing homes for clinical. If anyone of you has loved ones in Nursing home, just know that they usually allow students to try to get Certified Nursing Aid certificates to come in and run, hopefully, supervised procedures on the patients and Esthetics students (that's a fancy word for hairdressers) do the same. Regulars schools have to take in all the kids that show up, so that is going to be a packed in mess with anyone stading up for their rights taking off their mask. Without any planning, our best bet is to hide in the office while the kids are in the building, emerging only during the hour and a half long shift change when the ship the AM students home and the PM students in and fix everything before hiding back in the office and trying to fix everything remotely. If we have been in a classroom where a kid tests positive, we have to quartine at home for two weeks along with their teacher and class. As there are only two techs for two buildings and 17 programs, if both of us walk into the wrong room, there goes all the staff.

The odd thing about NY state, if you want to be a hairdresser or Nurse, they will let you practice on people, if you want to be a Vet student, the law won't allow you to practice on pets without two years experience first. That is some fucked up shit. Grandma health is up for grabs, but Lassie over there is sacred. What are we? Egyptians?

Now I have to write down all the Netflix, Amazon and Hulu login information and passwords before natural selection starts stalking the hallways, the only ones worse at following simple instructions than the students are the teachers. Half the staff of the school has to be in their 60's. If anyone is looking for work, I would suggest looking at your local schools, but drivers are making $19 an hour here as they are quitting or moved on as there was no summer work, on of our janitors put in his two weeks notice and a lot of people are trying to file for retirement before school opens.

The whole thing is starting to make me homesick for my High School days, join the Marines, nothing, go to High School for two and a half years, shot twice. Other than Wardog, I might be one of the few people to ever be shot in NYC with a black powder gun still alive, it was percussion cap, although I tell chicks it was a flintlock, they don't know the difference and it sounds better. You could still mail order black powder pistol kits from Guns and Ammo back in the '80s. I suppose I should have been grateful he didn't get a pepper pot (pepper box? I should ask the shady kids who hand around the 3D printer which one it is now) or a duck foot. Luckily they weren't aiming at me so I just lost part of the webbing on my hand between the thumb and the rest of the hand.