The Refuge

A refuge from the desolation
It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ebola Outbreak
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

And now it's in New York City...

I swear, these Health Department officials must be making shit up as it happens. Why the f*ck was this *doctor* allowed to run around all over the city after returning from West Africa where he *helped care for Ebola patients*? The night before he was admitted to the hospital he was on the subway, out bowling, and even used an Uber rideshare.

But everyone is ok and there's nothing to worry about because he wasn't fully symptomatic.

Forgive me if I chose not to believe the feel good propaganda.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:12 pm 

kfeltenberger wrote:
And now it's in New York City...

I swear, these Health Department officials must be making shit up as it happens. Why the f*ck was this *doctor* allowed to run around all over the city after returning from West Africa where he *helped care for Ebola patients*? The night before he was admitted to the hospital he was on the subway, out bowling, and even used an Uber rideshare.

But everyone is ok and there's nothing to worry about because he wasn't fully symptomatic.

Forgive me if I chose not to believe the feel good propaganda.

Especially as he said he was feeling "sluggish" on Tuesday. So you feel like crap, but you take the next day to run around all over town, and then Thursday morning, go to the hospital with a 103 degree fever, and Ebola.

Putting on my tin foil hat, I'd almost say it's like someone wants it to spread.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:40 pm 

Got some scary news you guys need to know.

I've heard from two separate sources that seven individuals, all radical Muslims believed to be members of ISIS have been caught at the Southern border. All seven tested positive for Ebola. They knowingly infected themselves and were sent here.

Searched for it in any news source after I heard it the first time and couldn't find anything. Then I heard it from the second source (which is much more reliable as well) and I figured I should let you guys know.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:51 pm 

A1C Lickey wrote:
Got some scary news you guys need to know.

I've heard from two separate sources that seven individuals, all radical Muslims believed to be members of ISIS have been caught at the Southern border. All seven tested positive for Ebola. They knowingly infected themselves and were sent here.

Searched for it in any news source after I heard it the first time and couldn't find anything. Then I heard it from the second source (which is much more reliable as well) and I figured I should let you guys know.

Fucking wonderful! :shock: I gotta step up my AR build!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the update!

I was worried this would happen and it appears those fears are coming true. This administration is not being honest and above board with the public about what's going on. Whatever happened to the first nurse's boyfriend who was admitted for signs of Ebola? That's off the radar and no one is talking.

Christie and Cuomo have the right idea and as far as I'm concerned that nurse who is bitching about being put in quarantine should STFU and think about her oath; first, do no harm. Otherwise, she can FOAD alone and away from anywhere she might infect someone else.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:31 pm 

I would be amazingly surprised if that were true that it would be in the news. Ebola in NYC would kill hundreds, the panic evacuation of the city would kill thousands. On a bright note, I will be in NYU, the hospital that shares a wall with the Bellevue isolation clinic on the same day as the NYC marathon. Can't convince the wife that it's a bad idea, hell, I can't convince her that since they will be shutting down three bridges onto the island and that one is under construction that traffic will be a nightmare.

I really wish I would have finished my book before I had to live it.

Oh, and up your shots, UNICEF is reporting that since it was pushing the oral Polio vaccine just before the outbreak, immunizations in West Africa have dropped from 80% to under 10% and there has already been a measles outbreak and they are expecting Hepatitis and everything else to plow through the towns where people have compromised immune systems from ebola. Thanks to people like Jenny McCarthy, herd immunity in the USA is down so you want to avoid schools and places with religious groups that don't immunize and millennial who believe a positive mental attitude can outperform decades of medical research.

I never had anything as a kid, measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, chlamydia, Spanish flu or trench foot. Now is a great time to be working in a High School and retail.

I'll be watching The Omega Man while handing out candy to Trick or Treaters this year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:58 pm 

MikeEllis wrote:
I'll be watching The Omega Man while handing out candy to Trick or Treaters this year.

You do that every year, why is it special now?

...specialization is for insects. - Lazarus Long

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:48 pm 

Wardog wrote:
MikeEllis wrote:

I

Because he might keep his pants on this year....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:53 pm 

LazarusLong wrote:
Wardog wrote:
MikeEllis wrote:

I

Because he might keep his pants on this year....

You know he won't, that's what the bowl of candy is for.

...specialization is for insects. - Lazarus Long

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:56 pm 

kfeltenberger wrote:
Thanks for the update!

I was worried this would happen and it appears those fears are coming true. This administration is not being honest and above board with the public about what's going on. Whatever happened to the first nurse's boyfriend who was admitted for signs of Ebola? That's off the radar and no one is talking.

Christie and Cuomo have the right idea and as far as I'm concerned that nurse who is bitching about being put in quarantine should STFU and think about her oath; first, do no harm. Otherwise, she can FOAD alone and away from anywhere she might infect someone else.

Governor Scott is doing the same here in Florida.

As for Kaci Hickox or whatever her name is, that nurse is a CDC employee, who is against mandatory quarantines, and so of course she is as well... and trying to make it an election issue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next