The Refuge

A refuge from the desolation
It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: tricked out the Glock
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:12 am 

I sent my G17 to https://overwatchprecision.com/ and I couldn't be happier! They got rid of those pesky finger grooves, did an incredible stippling job and trigger guard undercut. The flat face trigger https://overwatchprecision.com/polydat-now-gen5-compatible/ is their's but I had already installed that earlier on. The shoe is polymer and came with an OEM trigger bar already attached. The bar is polished real nice but does not affect trigger pull. There is an NP3 trigger bar option for $20 more if it strikes your fancy. For $60 it's a great upgrade and feels so much better than the stock trigger shoe.
Oh yeah, my b-day was last month so I received a few ebay gift cards from both sides of the family mainly because during quarantine, it was the easier thing to get which didn't bother me in the least. So I was feeling saucy and found the latest and greatest barrel offering from ZEV https://www.zevtechnologies.com/ZEV-Optimized-Match-Barrel-G17-Gen1-4-DLC on ebay while paying only a little over $20 out of pocket! Looking forward to getting some range time in to break in the new barrel.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:07 am 
Site Admin

Looks good!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:44 am 

Geez, Dude - fucking 9mm? I've been packing my G21 for a few years now - I do have an S&W9, but that is for when I take my Bride and female relatives out shooting.
I'm still in the process of building a G20/21 frame. They are apparently a bit trickier than I thought. I've now got a dremel tool to polish the bits and pieces that need polishing, as well as getting the holes for the slide stuff aligned properly. I guess they are supposed to slide in like greased lightning and no hammer, large or small, needs to be used. The best part though, is that the G20 and G21 lowers are exactly the same. All I really need to do is swap slides and mags, and I'm packing full power 10mm into the woods - but I want a dedicated frame for my 10mm.
This evolution occured due to a conversation with my SIL's brother and I about bear guns. I was running my suck about ".45ACP is better" and then I looked up the ballistics - there was a big hole in my argument as full power 10mm is mid-range between a .41Mag and a .44Mag - aka better than .45ACP against bears. So same formfactor, same holster, and I have more POWER!!!

ETA: All my shit slinging aside, that is a nice looking 9EuroFag shooter you have there.

...specialization is for insects. - Lazarus Long

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:08 am 

Wardog wrote:
Geez, Dude - fucking 9mm? I've been packing my G21 for a few years now - I do have an S&W9, but that is for when I take my Bride and female relatives out shooting.
I'm still in the process of building a G20/21 frame. They are apparently a bit trickier than I thought. I've now got a dremel tool to polish the bits and pieces that need polishing, as well as getting the holes for the slide stuff aligned properly. I guess they are supposed to slide in like greased lightning and no hammer, large or small, needs to be used. The best part though, is that the G20 and G21 lowers are exactly the same. All I really need to do is swap slides and mags, and I'm packing full power 10mm into the woods - but I want a dedicated frame for my 10mm.
This evolution occured due to a conversation with my SIL's brother and I about bear guns. I was running my suck about ".45ACP is better" and then I looked up the ballistics - there was a big hole in my argument as full power 10mm is mid-range between a .41Mag and a .44Mag - aka better than .45ACP against bears. So same formfactor, same holster, and I have more POWER!!!

ETA: All my shit slinging aside, that is a nice looking 9EuroFag shooter you have there.

Eurofag9mm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That shit never gets old! :lol: I've always wanted a G17 since I first shot one back in '87. Still love my 1911 and it runs like a clock but you can't deny the reliability of a Glock. If i have to run for the hills my G17 and my AR are what's going with me. If I can swing it I would love to get my hands on a G21. So much bullshit going on in this political climate I don't know if I'll be able to get one and keep it!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:23 am 

I wish you luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:41 pm 

Pffft, the only bears he is going to run into in California are in the bars or on the flag.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:48 am 

Always a good reason to be prepared.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:40 am 

MikeEllis wrote:
Pffft, the only bears he is going to run into in California are in the bars or on the flag.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:42 am 

Wardog wrote:
Always a good reason to be prepared.

You've got that right! ;)