The Refuge

A refuge from the desolation
It is currently Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: May the Fourth
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:46 am 

So I just watched the premiere of "Bad Batch" and have to say I enjoyed it. It starts off with Order 66 and just gets darker from there. Though I will say that I should probably rewatch the last season of "Clone Wars" again.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: May the Fourth
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

I want to watch it, but I refuse to give Disney any extra $$ over what they're already extorting through my cable bill. That said, what I've seen looks entertaining, if rather cliched.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:04 am 

kfeltenberger wrote:
I want to watch it, but I refuse to give Disney any extra $$ over what they're already extorting through my cable bill. That said, what I've seen looks entertaining, if rather cliched.

That is another reason I'm glad we cut the cord several years ago. Now we've just got our internet bill; Netflix is bundled with my cell phone and Amazon Prime is there for several reasons.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:11 am 
Site Admin

Well done!

I'm about ready to tell Comcast to FOAD except for the internet. I can't tell you the last time I watched TV...the entertainment sucks, the news is toxic and biased, and I'm tired of paying for it.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:07 pm 

When we got back to the States I was living by myself fixing up the house for about a three weeks after it'd been rented out for a few years. During that time we had internet set up and we got a deal by bundling TV service as well; I think I turned it on twice by myself before I pulled the TV service box out completely and canceled it as soon as the promotion was over.

Back to, "Bad Batch" I caught episode 2, but I need to watch it again. That said, they ended up paying a visit to Cut, the Clone Trooper who deserted and ended up living on Selumnci (sp?) and see the beginnings of the Empire.

And of course, because people have to bitch about everything, especially Star Wars, there are already complaints of white washing an animated series. Do these people have nothing better to do then find things to get angry about? :?

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

No, they don't have anything better to do because most of them are either students who the academics give a pass to or are unemployed and refuse to work because they're getting an extra $300 Biden Bucks. They are, without a doubt, wastes of flesh. Then again, Lucasfilm and Disney need to be mucked out from the top down because these people encourage it.

On a completely unrelated note...Maureen O'Hara, unquestionably one of the most beautiful women of Hollywood's Golden Age...wore a size 12 dress and steadfastly refused the "casting couch"...I doubt she'd find work today and would probably be "canceled".